THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

THIS IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Presenting Kaiden Tyler Mills

So obviously i've been a little busy with the new baby and all but I thought I would share my birth story.
I had been having contractions for a few days and they were pretty consistant as far as time but I would go and take a bath and they would stop so I thought nothing of them. My induction date was set for the 14th, and lets just say I didn't want my baby born that day. So anyways, my mom and sister-in-law courtney, decided that they would come a day early just because it sounded like I could go into labor at any time. They got here Saturday the 13th and I continued have contractions and they were coming right on time, so I waited for Tyler to come home from work, and by then I was ready to head out the door to the Hospital. So off we went,around midnight to the Hospital, me, ty and court. (Court was taking pictures) They checked me to see where I was at, and I was at a 3. MAN!! They definately check your throat when they do that. They also hooked me up to an IV (which they had to do twice because they went through my vein the first time) and had me walk around for an hour. They probably could have sent me home because after that walk, I was dialated to a tight 4, but because Monday was scheduled with so many inductions and c-sections, the nurse kind of made me sound more ready than I probably was, but long story short, they admitted me and waited till I needed my epidural. Around 4, it was time for the epidural. Can I say OUCH! I'm sure if I was more relaxed it wouldn't have hurt so bad, but I've seen one being put in, those needles are of good size and I hate needles, so bad combination. But soon it was working and all was good. Around 10, Sunday morning, my came in and broke my water. He's in a stake Presidency and had ward conference, so he was in his suit, and forgot to roll up his sleeve, so he got a little wet. haha Gross!! After that, people started showing up. Tyler's family and then my family. We were all just hanging out. Because there were so many of us, they switched me to a bigger room that had not just one but TWO windows. My previous room didn't have any, so it was nice to see the sunlight. I wasn't moving along the quickest, at 12 I was around a 7 so everyone decided to go get some lunch and play some cards. Around 12:30, I start feeling some pain in my right leg and call to have the anethesiologist come pump some more meds into my epidural, he does, so i'm waiting for the pain to stop.. it doesn't but gets worse. So I call him again, he pumps some more meds into my epidural. Still doesn't work. By then I'm feeling in both legs and in my back. So the nurse checks me and I'm to an 8. The pain is getting pretty good so the nurse tells me to start pushing if it makes me feel better, so around 1 I start pushing while she starts working on opening me up more. Sorry TMI. But anyways, Tyler comes back to see how I'm doing before they start playing cards, and figures it's time to stay. A little while longer court comes in cause Tyler never returned, then the moms came. By then I'm crying cause I'm feeling everything. By 1:20 I'm to a 10, and pushing ad hard as I can. I always told myself I wasn't going to be a screamer. Well that was when I thought I wasn't going to feel everything because my epidural WAS going to work. SO I'm pushing , sweating, crying, screaming for a good 45 mins, give or take. They had a mirror there so that I could see my progression, lets just say it discouraged me cause I couldn't see any progression, so I would cry about that too. So my Dr. comes in, looks at the progression and leaves to get changed. When he left, i wanted to scream NOOO!!! But a little later he came back and keeps having me push and push and push. Finally he cuts me about an inch and a half (sorry TMI). But Kaiden still wouldn't come out, the little bugger, so FINALLY the Dr. grabs Kaiden's head and starts pulling, while the nurse starts pushing on my belly, i'm pushing. They get the head out and then had to work a bit to get the shoulders out. He finally showed up at 2:25 pm. He had the cord rapped around his body pretty tight twice. But didn't cry. He just looked around to see what was going on. They gave me a shot of something that totally knocked me out. I can't remember a lot of what happened between then and when everyone came in to see kaiden. But they did have to take him to the NICU for a little bit because he was working a little harder than normal to breath but he was fine. We both got through it good and are doing great here at home.

My mom came and stayed with us for a week and a half and that was soo nice to have her here, I would have been a wreck without her.

Tyler has been a great dad. He does everything he can to help out and adores his new son.
We have been so blessed to have this little guy come into our home. He's just a joy and even though he probably doesn't mean to smile, those are what I love to see most, those toothless smiles.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats again! It sounds like you were a trooper through it all. I hope the recovery is going well for you. Kaiden kind of reminds me of Jett when he was a newborn-especially all the hair. I hope our boys will play together when they are older. AND i hope Jett doesn't run away from Kaiden when Kaiden wants to play with him...HAHA. Jk, love you cuz!

    ReplyDelete